Axel understands the big picture, always knows the detail. He is relentless in his drive for excellence and results. Someone I would partner with any time, and can be trusted to deliver, on time and with top quality.Thomas Neergaard Hansen
One of the best decisions I ever made was to hire Axel to rescue a deeply dysfunctional account. He climbed in with a level of vigour and extreme attention to detail, and produced extraordinary results where none were to be had. All through this difficult project he over delivered, while maintaining a sense of humour. He is a true professional and I would not hesitate to recommend him.Kate Elphick
Axel is an insightful, and extremely knowledgeable person who has an engaging manner and makes strong connections. Of course his business, writing and photography skills are beyond question.Heather Third
Axel is an insightful and direct journalist who is very adept at sifting through the hype and getting to the real story. His writing style is engaging and well-balanced. This, coupled with an entrepreneurial flair and deep understanding of the media industry makes Axel a valuable business partner.Jonathan Hatchuel
Axel Bührmann is a South African freelancer, editor, publisher, photographer, and writer, with an extensive, long-term background in information and communications technology (ICT) — including both the business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C) market sectors.
- Former positions include: Editor at B2B publications including Futurewave BusinessIT and ITWeb Brainstorm, and editor of such B2C publications as Charged Southern Africa and Windows Southern Africa, Executive editor at ZDNet Southern Africa, Inter@active Week, and PC Magazine South Africa
- Freelance work included features editor at The Star, contributor to Financial Mail, Business Day, etc
- Passionate about technology in its various guises. In-depth knowledge of both traditional print media and online media, as well as social media, marketing and PR.
- Experienced in working with all levels of personnel at companies across all fields – from very senior management to product managers to highly-technical personnel.
- Experienced in business development with good organisational skills, team motivation and company management.
- Has travelled the world – from Shanghai to San Diego to Singapore to Seattle – covering conferences for publications he has worked on.
- Bührmann has an Honours degree in Journalism and Media Studies from Rhodes University.
Areas of focus include:
- Technical and creative writing and editing
- Corporate and creative photography
- Videos (shoot, interview, edit to final clip, publish)
- General management
- Customer service
- Professional liaison
- Social media
I have known Axel for many years in his professional capacity representing different organisations and publications. It has always been clear to me that Axel is a person of integrity and fairness. That integrity has served Axel well and he is very respected in the ICT industry. Axel was often specifically invited to events and launches by the the company I represented as I could be assured of a fair and representative review of the event or product. Axel belongs to an old school breed of journalism which is honest, unbiased, factual, independent and fair and and I would not hesitate to recommend him for any suitable position.Thierry Boulanger
Axel Buhrmann is an exceptional writer and his tech expertise is unmatched. He is also a superb editor. I have worked with Axel for over 27 years and have always found his writing up to a very high standard, his knowledge of the tech sector is wide and deep and therefore this translates into valuable content. He also has a great understanding of what topics will work in connecting with audiences and media, providing valuable ideas to the story process.Janine Lloyd
Axel was born with a brain that compels him to take risks and change things. When he writes stories, he really writes them and he does so fully understanding the audience to whom he is speaking. If you want a writer/editor that truly immerses himself into every project he is a part of, you can stop the search here.Andrea Slater
Axel is a professional journalist with real integrity. He is informed, insightful and direct. Whilst not being afraid to ask difficult questions, he maintains a warm atmosphere and an interview by him feels like an interesting chat with a friend. With every meeting we had, what was published was a true reflection of what discussed..Ian Hatton
Axel is a highly motivated, intelligent and well-rounded person. He is focussed and results driven, as well as being innovative and well informed. Axel is great to know and to work with!Richard Fearon
Axel is an exceptional writer. He is salient, concise and informative and his work is backed up with solid research. If you need editorials, articles or reports written for you, Axel is the person to hire.Diana Heuser
I believe that Axel is one of South Africa’s top technology writers. His deep understanding of technology in South Africa and globally gives him excellent insight and thus produces well-balanced and well articulated articles, interesting and insightful. Axel is a pleasure to work with and his ethics and integrity as a Journalist are without question.Mel Harris