I would like to introduce my services as a freelancer with a difference. I have extensive journalism experience with Information and Communications Technology (ICT) as a specialty, having been editor at such publications as ITWeb’s Brainstorm magazine, Futurewave Business IT, PC Magazine South Africa and ZDNet, with freelance stints for Business Day, the Star, Financial Mail, and others.
But I am more than a writer… I am an all-in-one writer – photographer – videographer – blogger and animator.
For examples of my work, see
- Photography here, here and here.
- Video podcasts http://axelb.co.za/video-blogs-podcasts/
- Voice-over and animation at http://axelb.co.za/voice-over-animation/
- Find me on Twitter
- Connect with me on LinkedIn here
- Read my testimonials here
- Passionate about technology in its various guises. In-depth knowledge of both traditional print media and online media, as well as social media, marketing and PR.
- Experienced in working with all levels of personnel at companies across all fields – from very senior management to product managers to highly-technical personnel.
- Experienced in business development with good organisational skills, team motivation and company management.
I have travelled the world – from Shanghai to San Diego to Singapore to Seattle – covering conferences for publications I have worked on.
I have an Honours degree in Journalism and Media Studies from Rhodes University.
- Technical and creative writing,
- Corporate and creative photography,
- Videos (shoot, interview, edit to final clip, publish),
- General management,
- Customer service,
- Professional liaison,
As you can see, I have multiple talents that extend into the written/visual/audio and video communication medium. I also have extensive expertise in the digital world, having run a digital publication and strategically implemented many social campaigns.
I believe I would be an asset to your team, company and clients, helping you to increase your coverage chances and also getting traction across all digital mediums too. There aren’t many freelance writers who do what I do, so I hope that I have piqued your interest. Connect with me using the form below.