Axel Bührmann is a South African editor, publisher, photographer, technology writer, with extensive, long-term background in information and communications technology (ICT) – including B2B and B2C.
- Passionate about technology in its various guises. In-depth knowledge of both traditional print media and online media, as well as social media, marketing and PR.
- Experienced in working with all levels of personnel at companies across all fields – from very senior management to product managers to highly-technical personnel.
- Experienced in business development with good organisational skills, team motivation and company management.
- Has travelled the world – from Shanghai to San Diego to Singapore to Seattle – covering conferences for publications I have worked on.
- Bührmann has an Honours degree in Journalism and Media Studies from Rhodes University.
Areas of focus:
- Technical and creative writing,
- Corporate and creative photography,
- Videos (shoot, interview, edit to final clip, publish)
- General management
- Customer service
- Professional liaison
Axel understands the big picture, always knows the detail, He is relentless in his drive for excellence and results. Someone I would partner with any time, and can be trusted to deliver, on time and with top quality.Thomas Neergaard Hansen
One of the best decisions I ever made was to hire Axel to rescue a deeply dysfunctional account. He climbed in with a level of vigour and extreme attention to detail, and produced extraordinary results where none were to be had. All through this difficult project he over delivered, while maintaining a sense of humour. He is a true professional and I would not hesitate to recommend him.Kate Elphick
Axel is an insightful, and extremely knowledgeable person who has an engaging manner and makes strong connections. Of course his business, writing and photography skills are beyond question.Heather Third
Axel is an insightful and direct journalist who is very adept at sifting through the hype and getting to the real story. His writing style is engaging and well-balanced. This, coupled with an entrepreneurial flair and deep understanding of the media industry makes Axel a valuable business partner.Jonathan Hatchuel
Axel was born with a brain that compels him to take risks and change things. When he writes stories, he really writes them and he does so fully understanding the audience to whom he is speaking. If you want a writer/editor that truly immerses himself into every project he is a part of, you can stop the search here.Andrea Slater
Axel is a highly motivated, intelligent and well-rounded person. He is focussed and results driven, as well as being innovative and well informed. Axel is great to know and to work with!Richard Fearon
Axel is a professional journalist with real integrity. He is informed, insightful and direct. Whilst not being afraid to ask difficult questions, he maintains a warm atmosphere and an interview by him feels like an interesting chat with a friend. With every meeting we had, what was published was a true reflection of what discussed..Ian Hatton
Axel is one of the most respected, well-rounded journalists that I have had the pleasure of working with. He understands the delicate balance between what a PR consultant needs to achieve for clients without compromising his editorial integrity. I highly recommend working with Axel in a pro-active manner. He’s respectful and will give you the time of day to present your ideas!Mel Harris